Swedish Covenant Hospital believes that cancer care should focus on treating the whole patient. Our Integrated Cancer Care program is designed to help survivors overcome the physical and emotional challenges of his or her diagnosis by providing healing services that extend beyond medical treatment.
Studies have shown that survivorship supportive services significantly improve cancer patient outcomes such as distress and mood, functional status and quality of life. The program in Swedish Covenant Hospital’s Center for Advanced Therapy augments standard cancer care by offering services that include: stress reduction groups, individual counseling, nutrition counseling and supplementation, a 3-month medical fitness center membership, rehabilitation, palliative care assessment as well as complementary treatments such as massage and acupuncture.
Additionally, a patient navigator helps newly diagnosed patients and those in treatment identify needs and survivorship services of greatest value to the patient. Care integration occurs through a survivorship board, which develops treatment plans and reviews patient progress.
Charitable gifts to Cancer Care will help provide the latest treatment, survivorship services and compassionate care within a healing environment. Your charitable gift of:
- $10,000 will help provide a range of survivorship services to ten patients diagnosed with cancer.
- $5,000 will help pay for one year of weekly support groups, including the popular art activity group, for patients diagnosed with cancer.
- $1,000 will help provide ten cancer patients with a 3-month membership to Galter LifeCenter and access to a range of fitness and stress reduction classes.
- $500 will help provide ten healing treatments such as massage and stress reduction for patients while they are receiving chemotherapy.
- $150 will provide one lung cancer screening or mammogram for a patient in need.
If you have a question please contact us at (773) 293-5121 or Foundation@swedishcovenant.org.